What is the PPC ?
The PPC (Parish
Pastoral Council) works in collaboration with the Priest/Clergy for
the time being of the Parish under the direction of the Bishop of Westminster.
The PPC is called to participate with the Priest/Clergy for the time
being in the Pastoral Ministry of proclaiming God's word, celebrating
caring for the faithful, promoting the mission of the Church to
the world, and being a good steward of parish resources. The scope includes
all the practical matters of Parish life, responding to the call of Christ
to Peter "Feed my lambs, feed my sheep."
PPC Priority Groups Six groups/activities were identified to be "priorities"
at the 2011 Parish Assembly. Click here to read about any of them
Contacting the PPC
Feel free to approach any of the PPC members after
Masss, or you can e-mail the PPC as a group at
The Communications Group
Primary Objective The primary objective
of the Communications Group is to ensure that the whole variety of activities
in the parish is communicated effectively (both inside the church and to
the outside world).
Parish Website by, for example, making an expanded downloadable version of
the Parish Magazine available through it.
Produce the Parish Magazine:
- Primarily a ‘news’ magazine. Colourful,
attractive – photographs,
- 3 or 4 times per year.
- Available as an e-magazine to download from the Parish website
- Paper copies available at church & Marshalswick Mass centre,
also delivered through home visits.
Produce a Visitors Brochure:
- Primarily intended for visitors
to the town, the Visitors
Brochure will provide information on the location of the church
and Mass centres, Mass times, and contact details for
Presbytery. It will be made available through the tourist
office, hotels, guests houses, and by download from the
Create a central database with the
- contains contact information for all parishioners.
- support for parish programmes and initiatives by identifying
- facilitate the engagement of more parishioners in
- make it easy to contact parishioners in relation to a parish
group, programme or initiative.
- communicate parish initiatives and programmes to potential
Find and use opportunities for articles
in the local Press
Meetings The team does not meet but communicates by e-mail