2010_top

          a Missionaries of the Sacred Heart parish
     
Home | Masses | Groups | Activities | Events | Youth | Maps | Contact 
Our Priests at SS Alban & Stephen Catholic Church in St Albans

Nasza Parafia
   
Ksiądz, Charles Sweeney MSC,, ksiądz Tom Hewitt MSC, ksiądz Jerry Daly MSC, ksiądz Sandy Murray MSC , oraz nasz diakon Steve Pickard i nasza sekretarka Gina Procaccini i nasza Youth Coordinator,Joanna French. Wszyscy księża w naszej parafii są Misjonarzami Najświętszego Serca Jezusowego.
Please read on to find out more

Ksieza

     

Fr Charles
Sweeney
He was born in Ardara, Co. Donegal, on the 18th February 1948. If you compare him with Father Jerry he is quite young. If you compare him with Father Manus, not so young! After Secondary School he qualified in philosophy and theology at the Miltown Institute, Dublin and was ordained in 1972. He was a classmate of Father Diarmuid O’Murchu MSC, writer and lecturer, who visits us occasionally in St Albans.  Father Charles’ first appointment was to the teaching staff of our Secondary School in Cork. He became Vocations Director from 1981 to 1984 and leader of the MSC Community in Princethorpe in 1984. He became headmaster in 1986 to 1992.  His next appointment was as Leader and Director of the Retreat House in Myross Wood, Co. Cork from 1992 – 1999. In 1999 he became Parish Priest to an adjoining Parish of Union Hall, Castlehaven.  From there he takes up his new appointment as Parish priest of St Albans in February 2006

Fr Tom
Hewitt

Fr Jerry
Daly
Fr Jerry Daly MSC was ordained in 1957, and had a very varied career, working in both South Africa and Indonesia.  He returned to his native Ireland in 1967, where he worked as a vocations director for two years before travelling across the water to Stoke-on-Trent in 1969, where he stayed for two years before becoming rector at SS Alban & Stephen Church in 1971.   Fr Jerry’s time in St Albans was marked by real growth and achievement.  The first Parish Council was formed, the Friends of Maryland was formed, as well as fundraising for the Marshalswick Mass Centre.  Fr Jerry was here for seven years until 1978 when he moved on, firstly to work in Tamworth for seven years and then a further twelve in South Africa.   But after an absence of twenty one years, Father Jerry was back in St Albans and has been here ever since.

Fr. Sandy
Murray



Fr Charles is our Parish Priest and has been with us since coming over from Ireland in 2006.

Fr Tom Hewitt has been here since 2006- it's his second time though (previously 1979 - 1984)
Fr Jerry Daly has been here since 1997 - it's his second time too (previously 1971 - 1978)

Fr. Sandy Murray has been here since 1992, and has now taken early retirement




Also working in our parish ....
   
             
Gina
Procaccini


Steve
Pickard



Joanna
French


Past Priests

Our Parish has been served by priests and Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC) since 1899 and is currently one of six in England served by
the MSC Irish Province

You may also be interested in reading about some of our Past Priests. 
To see some pictures and read information about some of  the priests who've previously lived and worked here in Ss Alban and Stephen Parish, click here



Gina Procaccini is our parish secretary.. she's available most days until 1.30pm

Steve Pickard, a parishioner who's been in the parish over 40 years was ordained a Deacon in 2009

Jo French, is our youth co-ordinator who joined us in September 2010


Szpitale Chaplains

There are several hospitals in the area:  St Albans City, Watford General, QEII (Welwyn), Lister (Stevenage), Hemel Hempstead and Mount Vernon, supported by two chaplains


Bernadette
Cassidy

 

Colette
Lennon
 





Click here for more information on the Hospital chaplains







Main Navigation 2009


Witamy

Main Navigation 2009      
Our Parish
     
Pastoral Council
The PPC Team
Constitution
Priority Groups
   Comms  
   Worship  
   Community
  
J & Peace  
   Mission  
   Youth  
Assembly 2011
       
     
Other
The New Mass
Directory
Safeguarding
Rotas

     
 © Ss Alban & Stephen Catholic Church, 2011